The "Established In 2016" Workshop | Happy Gnome Photography




Like most big ideas, this one started out pretty little.
I was in a craft store trying to find a small gift that I could send to my wedding clients.  Something that would say, "Thank you for trusting me with your big day!"  But nothing was hitting the right note.  I have so many awesome couples this year and I truly wanted them to know how special each and every one of them is to me.

Then I started thinking about my own family and how we are trying to focus more on experiences rather than things.  Why couldn't I do that for my clients?  And right there, in the middle of JoAnn Fabrics with a cart full of stuff (stuff I likely didn't need) the idea for my "Established" workshop was born.

As luck would have it, I drove past a brand new business just a few minutes from my house and realized right away it would be the perfect place to have my event.  
Craftspot is an awesome do-it-yourself creative studio.  When I reached out to the owner, Kerry, she was more than happy to help me put everything together.  

I also had help from a few other awesome local vendors.  Jane Kelly Floral in Wauwatosa was nice enough to put together some awesome floral arrangements and a succulent garden for one of my couples to take home.  And the ladies over at Crumby Art put together the most amazing dessert table.  Seriously, if you are looking for an awesome bakery, go check them out.  They'll be opening a space in Elm Grove in May.  The gluten free cookies where the best I've ever had!  I also want to send out a huge thank you to my dear friend Elizabeth from Elizabeth Haase Photography.  When I asked if she would come and shoot the event so that I would have time to chat with all the attendees she didn't hesitate for a moment.  Between the two of us we were able to capture the day so that I could share it here with you.

The event turned out better than I could have ever expected.  It was such an awesome feeling to see so many of my brides and grooms in one place, enjoying an afternoon together while they worked on a project that will hopefully hang in their homes for years to come.  

I hope you all enjoy this little (ok, big) peek into the Established in 2016 workshop. 
I can't wait to start planning for 2017!

#establishedin2016 #happygnome






























































































Comments

  1. What a wonderful event, Amy! It looks like it was very well done and lots of fun. I almost wish we were getting remarried this year so we could have done this together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment